We have an exciting opportunity for two Weekend Animal Welfare Assistants, responsible for the day to day care of dogs and cleaning of kennels at the Hope Rescue centre in Llanharan, South Wales
Hours: 16 hours per week
Salary: Minimum Wage
Location: Hope Rescue Centre, Llanharan, Rhondda Cynon Taf
- To admit and care for rescue and boarded dogs in accordance with Hope Rescue Standard Operating Procedures and processes ensuring welfare standards are consistently met
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the kennels at all times.
- Ensuring all animals housed are fed timely and in line with the dietary requirements of the animal.
- Ensuring all dogs are exercised appropriately and receive appropriate enrichment.
- Ensure medication is stored correctly and administered in line with medical advice and guidance.
- Bathing of dogs as required.
- To comply with Health & Safety policies and procedures in line with Hope Rescue and statutory standards and rules, ensuring the safety of all persons and pets on and off site at all times.
- Dealing with customers and delivering an excellent customer experience with a positive, motivated attitude.
Educated to secondary school level.
An Animal Welfare qualification is desirable e.g. NVQ or HND
Full manual driving licence is essential
- A minimum of 1 year work or volunteer experience in a similar role working with dogs
- Experience of working for an animal welfare organisation.
- Experience of working with volunteers
Knowledge, skills and personal attributes
- Self-starter with experience of working within a busy environment
- Capable of handling stressful situations while maintaining a positive demeanor
- Committed to delivering high standards of customer service and be a genuine team player
- Highly motivated and organised
- A professional empathy with the Hope Rescue Vision, Values and Mission
- Professional, proactive, positive and enthusiastic, with a strong work ethic and "can do" attitude
- Able to exhibit excellent discretion and adhere to professional standards and confidentiality
- Ability to work across all departments to ensure a fully joined up approach
- Confident and able to work with little direction, but understand the limits of your delegated authority
Please email your CV to email@example.com or send by post to Hope Rescue, Cynllan Lodge, Old Llanharry Road, Llanharan, CF72 9NH.
Closing date for applications: midnight 11th October 2019