Do you want to get hands on and help make a difference to the dogs in our rescue centre? Are you prepared to splash in the mud with our canines on their walks, clean their kennels and wash their bedding? If so, this could be the opportunity for you.
We are looking for people with a range of canine experience who are willing to learn to care for some of our dogs at the centre. You will be given full supervision and training prior to starting the role and will be suitably matched to the dogs based upon your experience and skills.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept applications for children under the age of 16.
Our Canine Carer shifts start at 8.30 a.m. every morning and is for a minimum of 2 hours. The duties are varied and will be allocated on the day dependant on need. However, please note that the role includes cleaning duties and dog walking for Canine Carers start around 10.30 a.m. once the kennels are cleaned.
Dog walking shifts are 8.30 a.m. to 10.30 a.m., 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 1.30 p.m. to 3.30 p.m.
● Cleaning kennels, changing and laundering bedding, and feeding the dogs
● Dog walking around our beautiful woodland
● Spending time in our training room getting dogs used to the sights and sounds of home life
● Helping our team of trainers and behaviourists with basic dog training of our kennel dogs and assessing them for rehoming
● Playing in our secure paddocks with the dogs giving them time to stretch their legs and burn off some energy
Benefits to you?
● build your own confidence with dogs
● learn skills for working with animals
● be part of a friendly and inclusive team
● make a difference to lives of our rescue dogs whilst in our care
If you would like to get involved please register for an induction at our Rescue Centre in Llanharan.
You will be asked to supply ID and full proof of address at the Induction Day to take up this role.