Do you want to get hands on and help make a difference to the dogs in our rescue centre? Are you prepared to splash in the mud with our canines on their walks and snuggle on the sofa with one of our dogs whilst they get used to the sounds they can expect to hear in their new home? If so, this could be the opportunity for you.
We are looking for people with a range of canine experience who are willing to learn to care for some of our dogs at the centre. You will be given full supervision and training prior to starting the role and will be suitably matched to the dogs based upon your experience and skills.
Applicants under the age of 16 will need to be accompanied by an adult at all times.
We have been fortunate in recruiting some great Canine Carers for our rescue centre. While we run the necessary training for them, we'll put a temporary hold on recruiting any more until after Christmas. If you are interested in applying, please do so then. Thank you for your patience.
● Dog walking around our beautiful woodland
● Cleaning kennels, changing and laundering bedding, and feeding the dogs
● Spending time in our home from home rooms getting dogs used to the sights and sounds of home life
● Helping our team of trainers and behaviourists with basic dog training of our kennel dogs and assessing them for rehoming
● Helping our groomers by getting our dogs looking their best for their new homes
● Playing in our secure paddocks with the dogs giving them time to stretch their legs and burn off some energy
Benefits to you?
● build your own confidence with dogs
● learn skills for working with animals
● be part of a friendly and inclusive team
● make a difference to lives of our rescue dogs whilst in our care
If you would like to get involved, please register your details with us after Christmas by using the link here.
You will be asked to supply ID and full proof of address to take up this role.