Are you a retail, e-commerce or business development professional from either the commercial or charity retail sector looking to make a difference? We've got an exciting opportunity for the newly created role of part-time Retail Development Manager. We're looking for an experienced retail or business development manager to help deliver real commercial success across our retail operations including our Pontypridd store, Llanharan rescue centre and e-commerce platforms. This is a varied and exciting role and you will be instrumental to making sure our retail income streams achieve optimum profit by maximising sales, developing new income streams and controlling direct expenses.
Hours: 24 hours a week
Salary £13,800 (£23,000 pro-rata)
Location: Pontypridd and Llanharan, Rhondda Cynon Taf
- Assume overall responsibility for developing and managing all retail income streams including the charity shop, rescue centre and e-commerce.
- Line manage the Charity Shop Supervisor and charity shop operations
- Develop and implement an overarching retail strategy.
- Manage all merchandising including responsibility for buying, product selections and pricing.
- Support the Fundraising Manager to maximise retail income from fundraising and community events.
- Develop and implement processes to recruit, train, manage and support retail staff and volunteers
- Manage the charity shop digital platforms including social media and e-commerce.
- PR and marketing of our enterprise services - boarding, first aid courses and paddock bookings
- Actively promote Hope Rescue initiatives and campaigns within the retail operations to promote awareness of the charity.
- Maintain an appropriate income/expenditure budget and be accountable for achieving it.
- Seek, utilise and analyse management information including EPOS data to manage retail performance, seizing opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and implement a strategy to maximise income from Gift Aid on donated products.
- Provide regular performance and management reports
What are we looking for?
4 GCSEs or equivalent, including English and Maths OR vocational qualification in a relevant function e.g. Retail Management, Customer Care, Volunteer Management, PR and Marketing.
A full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes is essential
- Strong retail management or business development background
- Proven experience of team management, staff development and team leadership
- Proven experience of developing diverse retail income streams and achieving targets
- Experience of budget management and financial planning
- Proven experience of delivering high standards of customer care
- Experience in charity retailing
- Experience in e-commerce
- Experience of managing Health and Safety
- Experience of recruiting and managing volunteers
- Experience of using social media in the workplace
- Experience of PR and marketing
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate others
- Ability to work across the organisation to ensure a fully joined-up approach to our retail operations
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues
- A strong customer service focus
- Good IT skills with a knowledge of Microsoft packages and EPOS systems
- A professional empathy with the Hope Rescue Vision, Mission and Values and a passion for animal welfare
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach to working hours and the ability to work weekends and Bank Holidays as required
- A self-starter, highly motivated and organised.
- Professional, proactive, positive and enthusiastic, with a strong work ethic and "can do" attitude
- Capable of handling stressful situations while maintaining a positive demeanor
- Committed to delivering high standards of customer service and be a genuine team player
- Confident and able to work with little direction but understand the limits of your delegated authority
Please complete and sign the application form which can be found below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send by post to Hope Rescue, Cynllan Lodge, Old Llanharry Road, Llanharan, CF72 9NH.
Closing date for applications: midnight 3rd July 2019
Interviews: week commencing 8th July 2019