We are looking for a Volunteer Community Events Co-ordinator to be responsible for developing and implementing a Community Fundraising Events Plan. The role is based in South Wales and previous experience of community fundraising is essential. Existing contacts would be an advantage.
This is an exciting year for us with the purchase of our own rescue centre in Llanharan and the refurbishment of our charity shop in Pontypridd. The Community Events Co-ordinator will therefore play a pivotal role as we build our Fundraising Team.
Please apply by sending your CV to Sian at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date; 31st January 2017
The main responsibilities of the role include:
· Developing and implementing a Community Fundraising Events Plan.
· Maintaining a South Wales events calendar, to ensure that accurate and up to date information is provided for inclusion on the Hope Rescue website and social media sites.
· Coordinating the Volunteer Fundraising Team, allocating volunteers to events and ensuring that sufficient resources are provided.
· Managing fundraising activities in the Charity Shop, coordinating with the Shop Manager and Adoption/Fostering teams, as required.
· Assisting in planning the Hope Rescue initiated shows and larger scale events, to specifically include the Bedwellty, Machen and Barking Mad Dog Shows.
· Overseeing the co-ordination of Meets& Greets, Street Collections, stalls at shows, sponsored walks and any other local initiatives.
· Ensuring that stalls at local non-Hope Rescue events are booked, organised and managed by nominated members of the fundraising team.
· Managing the publicity and promotion of local fundraising events and appeals by ensuring that they are submitted to the relevant events and tourism websites, and coordinating the distribution of posters, leaflets and other promotional material.
· Ensuring that appropriate PR materials for fundraising activities are displayed in the Charity Shop, liaising with the Hope Rescue Communications team, as required.
· Administering the Hope Rescue Fundraising Facebook page.
· Maintaining up to date records and manage the provision and ordering of fundraising stock for all community events.