At Hope Rescue we have ambitious plans to grow our work caring for stray and abandoned dogs across South Wales. We need to grow our unrestricted income in line with our growth plans and that means expanding our small fundraising team.
The perfect candidate will be an experienced fundraiser. An enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to motivate volunteers, donors and corporate supporters to raise funds for the Rescue Dogs. This role will suit a candidate who is looking to get their teeth into an autonomous role and build on the success of our existing community and events programme.
Based at: Hope Rescue, Cynllan Lodge, Old Llanharry Road, Llanharan CF72 9NH
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000.00 to £21,000.00 /year
Closing date: Midnight Sunday 1 December 2019
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 2 December 2019
Hours of work: Standard hours are 40 hours per week on a locally determined rota which will include some weekend and Bank Holiday working. There will be occasions when it will be necessary to work at other locations which would include staying overnight for training and other business need requirements.
Our new Community and Events Fundraiser will work alongside our team of committed volunteers to deliver a wide variety of fundraising projects
- Deliver a range of community fundraising events including dog shows, stalls and seasonal events
- Coordinate community focused digital fundraising campaigns including sponsored events, raffles and online auctions
- Oversee our static and cash collections
- Secure a range of community grants and token schemes
- Work with local businesses to develop our gift-in-kind and Christmas shoebox donation programme
- Ensure that fundraising activity and donations are accurately recorded and assist with fundraising administration as needed.
- Support the Retail Manager to maximise retail income from fundraising and community events
- Develop and implement processes to recruit, train, manage and support fundraising volunteers and adhere to the agreed Hope Rescue standards & policies and any relevant legislation
- Actively promote Hope Rescue initiatives and campaigns at events to promote awareness of the charity
- Maintain an appropriate income/expenditure budget in collaboration with the Fundraising Manager and be accountable for achieving it
- Deliver the highest level of customer service with a positive, motivated attitude, striving to exceed donor expectations and ensuring that this attitude is maintained by all fundraising volunteers
- Comply with Health & Safety policies and procedures in line with Hope Rescue and statutory standards and rules
Education and qualifications
- 4 GCSEs or equivalent, including English and Maths OR vocational qualification in a relevant function e.g. Fundraising, Customer Care, Volunteer Management, PR and Marketing
- A fundraising qualification is desirable
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes is essential
- Three years minimum experience in a fundraising role or similar project-management role
- Track record of managing successful project delivery on time and to budget
- Experience of working successfully on multiple projects at the same time
- Experience of managing volunteer teams
- Experience of working within the third sector
- Knowledge and skills
Excellent customer service or donor management skills
- Ability to plan and organise and to ensure that deadlines and agreed targets are met
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
- Good IT skills with a knowledge of Microsoft packages and willingness to learn Hope Rescue’s CRM systems and databases
- Ability to utilise social media, website and email broadcast tools to share our message and recruit support
- A professional empathy with the Hope Rescue Vision, Mission and Values
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including good presentation skills and the confidence to deliver information in a concise and positive manner
Work related attributes, qualities and competencies
- Flexible approach to working hours and the ability to work weekends and Bank Holidays as required
- A self-starter, highly motivated and organised.
- Professional, proactive, positive and enthusiastic, with a strong work ethic and "can do" attitude
- Able to exhibit excellent discretion and adhere to professional standards and confidentiality
- Ability to work with other teams to deliver on fundraising projects
- Committed to delivering high standards of customer service and be a genuine team player
- Confident and able to work with little direction, but understand the limits of your delegated authority
Download the full job description here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lRE9mneTJRfYqAzhdzDw-LVAg30F3OuT/view?u...
Download the full person specification here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18k8-a6rM_0a2-I_edOFz8_fBsnVNoqYf/view?u...
Apply with your CV: https://www.indeedjobs.com/hope-rescue-aee04f7/jobs/f520f13f84fed7278f17