We are looking to start upgrading and refurbishing the rescue centre to improve the lives of our rescue dogs. Thanks to grant funding from Battersea we are looking for an experienced Project Officer to work with the operational team develop a 3-year Capital Projects Programme for minor capital and refurbishment projects. The Project Officer will take responsibility for projects from initial proposal, through to feasibility and business case, and manage funded projects though all subsequent project stages to completion.
The job is offered on a 12 month fixed term basis. The role is for 16 hours per week which can be flexible. Please note the role is dependent on availability of funding from the grant funder.
The salary is £8,000 to £10,000 per annum (£22,000 to £25,000 pro rata)
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight on 27th January 2019.
- Educated to secondary school level.
- A recognised project management qualification is essential e.g. PRINCE2, Agile, APM, PMI or project management HND/degree
- Full manual driving licence is essential
- Three years minimum experience and of successfully managing capital projects, from feasibility through to completion
- Three years minimum experience of working in an established project management environment
- Track record of managing successful capital project delivery in line with desired outcomes and agreed quality, time and cost limits
- Experience of working successfully on multiple projects at the same time
- Demonstrable experience of identifying and managing project interdependencies and implications that cross service departments
- Experience in researching, collating information and writing reports
- Experience of working with internal and external customers, partners, suppliers and contractors to manage and deliver projects
- Experience of managing small scale building projects
- Experience of working within the voluntary sector
- Experience of managing Health and Safety including risk assessments
- Sound understanding of best practice in project management
- Ability to plan and organise and to ensure that deadlines and agreed targets are met
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
- Good IT skills with a knowledge of Microsoft packages and willingness to learn Hope Rescue’s CRM systems and databases.
- A professional empathy with the Hope Rescue Vision, Mission and Values.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including good presentation skills and the confidence to deliver information in a concise and positive manner
Work-related attributes, qualities and competencies
- A self-starter, highly motivated and organised.
- Professional, proactive, positive and enthusiastic, with a strong work ethic and "can do" attitude.
- Able to exhibit excellent discretion and adhere to professional standards and confidentiality.
- Ability to work across different departments to ensure a fully joined-up approach.
- Committed to delivering high standards of customer service and be a genuine team player.
- Confident and able to work with little direction, but understand the limits of your delegated authority.