Hope Rescue is a leading animal charity in South Wales, helping over 800 stray, abandoned and unwanted dogs each year by prioritising their welfare, quality of life and ongoing care. As we enter a period of ambitious fundraising and development, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, passionate, and committed Finance Trustee to join our Board of Directors and Trustees.
The Hope Rescue Board leads and governs the charity ensuring that we operate in accordance with the required legislation. As Finance Trustee, you will oversee all financial matters, supported by our part time Finance Officer, ensuring that they are managed in accordance with our governing document and legal requirements. You will keep fellow Board Members updated on the financial health and management of the Charity.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Ensure there is effective and appropriate financial management in all areas of the Charity.
• Ensure there are robust financial controls, reporting systems, policies and procedures in operation.
• Ensure adequate budgets, accounts, management accounts and financial statements are produced accurately and in a timely manner and are made available for and understood by the Trustee Board as well as relevant external stakeholders.
• Develop and maintain a Reserves Policy.
• Manage the relationship with external lenders and financiers.
• Coordinate the preparation of our Annual Accounts, liaising with our Independent Examiner to ensure they are agreed and submitted in accordance with our governing document and legal requirements.
• Advise on the development and implementation of financial, reserves and investment policies.
• Advise on the financial implications of strategic and annual operation plans.
Skills and Knowledge
• Knowledge and understanding of the Charities SORP and FRS 102.
• Understanding of VAT and employment taxes.
• Knowledge and understanding of current charity finance and fundraising practice.
• Senior Financial Management and/or Reporting experience
• Qualified member of a recognised professional body, or qualified by evidenced experience.
• Excellent financial analysis skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Personable with good team skills.
• Experience of being a charity trustee or company director.
• Experience of strategic or business planning.
• A passion for animal welfare.
If you would like to apply to join our Board of Directors and Trustees, please contact us to request an application form: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 30th September 2019
Interviews will be held shortly after the closing date.